Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy Happy Day

Well I've been having a blast playing with the June Hip Kit, I just love the mix of collections and embellishments Kimberly has chosen for this wonderful kit. 


For this layout I used pictures of Brianna's 4th birthday, which are almost a year old, oooops! The pictures are a bit dark, it was a rainy day so we had to take the pictures on the porch, so I decided to use light colours in an attempt to bring out the picture.


To create the round glitter circles, I used the end of a pencil eraser on which I applied SU glued, then used the eraser as a stamp. I lightly sprinkled the American Crafts glitter included in the add on kit and it created a fun little accent, which I think coordinated well with the enamel dots.


I also used the same method to apply glitter to the number 4 on the cut out, I wanted to bring focus on her age, the glitter was the just the right things to use.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing the close ups of my layouts. If you like the kit and want to know more about it, make sure to check out the Hip Kit site. 

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Super pretty! Love all of your little clusters!

Adrienne Alvis said...

Oh, Mel, I just love this so much! Beautiful my dear ;)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Super cute as always Mel!! I love the fun little details you added with the paint splatters, glitter stamping and all!!!

Diana Waite said...

I really like the cutout numbers and the closeups of those LOVELY embellishments--AWESOME job!