Monday, August 19, 2013

Home

I'm back today with another project created with the July Hip Kit. We recently visited a Heritage Museum and one of the house reminded me of my great grand-mother house up north. The feel of the house was the same, it was fun showing the girls how things were done back then, how the house was heated of the stove furnace, the entertainment was a black and white tv. It was special, of course we had to take a picture on the front porch.

I created this layout using the July Hip kit, the woodgrain paper was perfect for the homey feeling I was trying to achieve. I added layers to frame the pictures and embellishments on both sides for fun accents. 


You'll notice that I added a sheet a velum over the orange pattern paper, it creates a softer effect on the pattern paper. The Fancy Pants camera is one of my favourite embellishment Ive used in a long time, I wish they would create a package full of these cute cameras. 


5 comments:

Lea Lacoste said...

awesome layout, i love that woodgrain!

Diana Waite said...

WAY to ROCK that woodgrain--AWESOME layout!

Leanne said...

oooh! love the woodgrain! Another gorgeous LO..x

Ashley Horton said...

Loving the wood grain on this layout, Mel!!

Sasha Farina said...

the woodgrain paper is just perfect for this layout, Mel!!