Friday, August 09, 2013

My World

How about I share a layout today?! I thought it was about time that I share a layout, the past blog posts have been pretty heavy with PLs. Today's layout was created with the awesome July Hip Kit which features a lot of October Afternoon Travel Girl collection. This layout featured the ephemera pack by October Afternoon, I just love all the tidbits in that pack, I never get tired of ephemera packs.


I decided to layer the various cards in the ephemera pack to create a fun interesting background to the pictures. The bottom part of the layout is rather simple as I thought I had plenty going on top, I didn't want to "pile" on too much stuff. I also added random embellishments and stitching to the cards, I just adds a little bit more interest to the background without overwhelming the design. 


If you like what you see may I suggest that you check out the Hip2BSquare kit club, the kits are fabulous, lots of embellishments and papers. If you are in the market for a kit club, this is one to check out!!!

4 comments:

Adrienne Alvis said...

Love the layering and the photos on this one, Mel! Fabulous!

Diana Waite said...

this looks SO cool--love the idea of layering the cards!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a fun layout Mel!! Love how you used all of the bits from the Travel Girl collection and layered them in with your photos!

Leanne said...

awesome!