Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Hello (Plus One Collection)

Hello friends! Has everyone recuperated from their NSD hangover?! LOL!! I know I had a blast playing along on 2Peas and hosting my very first chat. Thanks for all the sweet ladies that chatted with me. We had a lot to say, I loved it. 

Today I'm sharing a layout I created using Amy Tangerine's latest collection for American Crafts, Plus One. I have a serious crush on this collection and it holds a very special place in my heart. It was the first collection I used for my very first 2Peas project, I was soooo nervous but this collection was so fun to work with that I forgot about the nerves and just had fun. 

This time around this collection also came to my rescue, you see our youngest had been very ill these past couple of weeks, I think she is finally ok(knock on wood) but we are still keeping a very close eye on her. By that I mean that she's moved in to our bedroom, her crib is right beside me and I listen to her when she sleeps. I'm with her all the time and rarely leave her side. So all that to say that I haven't been scrapping at all, but this Sunday I had to do something creative and ventured to my scrap table. I whipped up this layout in 45 minutes and it felt GOOD!!! Again, Plus One to the rescue. 

This layout was created with the paper pad, no 12x12 sheets were harmed in the making of this layout. ;) I actually love the paper pads, especially with this page format. The sheet with the triangles were the inspiration, I knew I had to split them up to frame my picture. So a quick and yet very therapeutic layout. This time it was just about playing with paper and letting go of the stress, it felt great.


5 comments:

SueP said...

This is gorgeous Mel, love your work!! Love the layering and all the elements from this range!!

Leanne said...

LOL! no 12x12 paper pads were harmed! :D Another superb LO..x ps - (((hugs))) I hope your little one is back to being well...x

Diana Waite said...

you are FUNNY--GREAT layout--you rocked it!

Unknown said...

Found your blog through instgram I have just started to do scrapbooking and I love looking at ur work for ideas, can't wait to start getting more things to scrap with to make my pages look as good as urs xxxx

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Such a great layout! I love the design!!!