Thursday, June 05, 2014

Fun Stuff

Well I'm on a roll this week, I blogged 3 days in a row! I'll be honest this post almost didn't happen as I was itching to create a layout, so I thought I'd make it a quick post. 

I created this layout with the May Gossamer Blue kit, love the bold Heidi Swapp Ephemera pack that was in the kit, it really inspired me to create a fun and funky layout. This layout was all about layering diecuts, stickers and alphas. I wanted to create a lot of dimension and interesting details on my layout. 


I achieved this design by playing and pushing things around on my layout until I was satisfied with the final design. I always try to pair items by size, for example creating clusters using one large diecut with 2 medium and a lot of small. I find that a combination of complementary shapes and sizes creates a nice flow in the design. 


1 comment:

Leanne said...

layers! swoon!! layers! eeek!! LOVE them. this LO is beautiful..x