Monday, December 16, 2013

Fa La La with Chic Tags

With Christmas just around the corner I am more than ever inspired to create Christmas themed layouts. Today I'm sharing a layout I created for Chic Tags which features the Good Tidings collection.This layout is for our Sunday Sketch challenge. Ashley has created another stunning layout, it was a blast to play along. All the details are on the Chic Tags blog.

The sketch features a banner along the bottom of the pictures, I decided to use the photo toppers from the Good Tidings collection to create the banner. I find that adding more details such as snowflakes, sequins and stars, always make things more interesting. 

I used white Mister Huey to add splatters to the woodgrain but in doing so I made a mess and it didn't look right. So I used the wonderful gold star rub-ons from the Good Tidings collection to hide my mess, in the end it worked out. 


3 comments:

Adrienne Alvis said...

I love that banner and I love this page! xo

Ashley Horton said...

Love it Melanie!! The mix of tags and snowflakes are perfect for the banner in the sketch!!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE, LOVE this!!